Mutual Fund Bullet Tour Page 7
- directly through the companies that manage the funds
- through discount or full-service brokers
- through an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
- You should never be charged a transaction fee when you deal directly with a company that manages a fund.
- You should never be charged a transaction fee when you purchase shares in an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
- You may have to pay a small transaction fee if you trade through a discount broker.
- You will pay a full commission if you trade through a full-service broker.
- Mutual fund shares are purchased and redeemed at their NAV, as described above.
- Automatic investments and withdrawals are an option available with many fund companies. However, these options require establishing an account with the fund company.